Saturday, January 5, 2013

W Scatterings





                                          Works 2013
We spent New Year's Eve with friends at St Leoanards in their 16th floor apartment. The view was superb. The expensive fireworks bill was a colourful $6 million. However, it was a cheap way of keeping Sydneysiders and guests, from anywhere and everywhere, entertained along the Harbour foreshore from 10am Monday to 12:15am Tuesday.


                                          Worst Binding experience ever
'Airlie Vincent' is a quilt top which I discovered in a large plastic bag of patchwork at Vinnie's Ailrie Beach QLD in 2011..... for $8. What a treasure trove! However, in machine sewing and hand stitching the binding, I discovered I had not machine-caught all the binding. So I have had to unpick metres and metres and repin the binding. More haste less speed. I reattached the binding today....and now to hem!


                                          Wicket wasted
My favourite Australian cricketer, Michael Hussey is about to retire from international cricket. Australia is currently playing a great match against Sri Lanka. During the 2nd innings of the 2nd day, 'Huss' was run out in a bad call (by his Captain Michael Clark) but ever the gentleman, he left the field without any negativity. We will miss 'Mr Cricket'.

                                         Wolfgang
I will listen to anything which the famous 'Wolf' has written. Love the music, the operas and the movies.




4 comments:

  1. Expensive '-works', $6 million, but they kept over 4 million excited people entertained and peaceful along the forsehores from 10am Monday to 12:15am Tuesday, New Years Day. We watched them from the apartment of friends in St Leonards. The view was superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the fireworks were expensive but they look great. Down here we were too lazy to travel up and as our
    Overseas visitor had seen them on the last vist she was happy to go with the local fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered I had missed your blog in Cinzia's Scatterdays listing. Sorry to get to W late, but I like your selections! Hope that binding is history now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am here late. Great take on the W.
    Yes we miss Mr.Cricket. btw he captained my birth town of Northampton in England and was a great favourite with them.

    ReplyDelete