Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blink and you'd think you were in Chiba not Chatswood!


A walk through Daiso at Chatswood not Chiba!
Amazing what you see when you park the car in a street and not the Westfield parking megalopolis!

DAISO!

a Japanese $2.80 shop 


We mingled with a cast from all nations and detected a few delighted Japanese conversations: a trove of nostalgia in the heart of northern Sydney. 

 
WOW! 
 
David's eyes glazed over when he saw the cooking utensils!
 

 
Hello Kitty! type crockery!
 
Undergarments and bed socks???
 
 I was going to buy a paper cutter but the checkout queue was too long so I put it down and left. 
What restraint!
Apologies for the photo quality but I only had the mobile. 

2 comments:

  1. I love those Japanese $2.80 shops, and always spend ages there when I get the chance to visit one. It is fun trying to guess just what some of the products are. I bought some thread in one after asking the shop assistant if the label said it was cotton or polyester. She said cotton, but when I got home I wasn't convinced. Mr Google Translate provided the answer - it was actually polyester, so perhaps the shop assistant wasn't Japanese after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just getting around to catching up on everyone's blogs. I also enjoy these type of shops. A good scratch around and you can find some really good bargains.

    ReplyDelete