Saturday, November 23, 2013

G for Goodness Me!


Apologies for being very late….. Tonight, I'm an honorary citizen of the countries 180 degrees East of the International Date Line. My head load is in about 17 hours behind in Canada, somewhere around Edmonton and my creativity is oscillating over Nagoya, about 2 hours behind.
I have been to my second shibori workshop today …. in downtown North Sydney and spent two days this week with my mother's friends from Alberta.

@Body: Gummer
So back to terra australis: 'G' ….. start of my maiden name. 
I have already taken you to Gummer in Alto Adige and Gummersbach in Germany…. for a G-body close to home.

This man is (Some) Body in our family: Oliver Gummer jumped ship in Melbourne and made his way to Sydney in 1883-4. He was my great-grandfather.
 Gummer, Oliver 


@ Hobby:  Golf
Keeping 'G' in the family, I have to include David's hobby of golf. He taught himself to play and has had a handicap of 16-18. He loves the game and has succeeded in enthusing his son to play. 



@ Lunch: Gourmet

Gourmet German rolls in wonderful buns: David's toasted, mine mit grains at 'Backerei' in Greenwood Plaza at North Sydney. Their city-based sign is an easy to see guide for their WiFi password of the day.






@ Green  for me … Gardener
I am waiting for the last of the year's orchids to bloom. They will be green and cream but the green buds are taking a long time to reveal their beauty. Orchid-man at the Saturday market says that his of the same type are also late blooming but 'a gardener needs to be patient!'
Tonight's progress photo


Two years ago


Gee Whizz! we are close to the last of 2013 Scatterdays.
Celebrate 'C' with us on 7 December. Check http://lgfns.blogspot.com.au for all the veteran Scatterer's contributions.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see another "G" post!

    Your orchids look like they will be worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are only a handful of us still in the game - good Gs. Golf seemed to be the Hobby of Choice this time. Be happy you're not actually IN Edmonton - it's freezing there! We just left from visiting there and we did see -30C while we were there. Brrrr! Living on the coast means we've lost our ability to deal with those kind of temperatures!

    ReplyDelete